Are you a binge drinking and feel it’s getting out of control? If you are, you are not alone and there is help. Did you know?
- Approximately 92% of U.S. adults who drink excessively report binge drinking in the past 30 days.
- Although college students commonly binge drink, 70% of binge drinking episodes involve adults over age 25 years.
- The prevalence of binge drinking among men is 2 times the prevalence among women.
- Binge drinkers are 14 times more likely to report alcohol-impaired driving than non-binge drinkers.
- About 90% of the alcohol consumed by youth under the age of 21 years in the United States is in the form of binge drinks.
- About 75% of the alcohol consumed by adults in the United States is in the form of binge drinks.
- The proportion of current drinkers that binge is highest in the 18- to 20-year-old group (51%).
Binge drinking is associated with many health problems, including but not limited to
- Unintentional injuries (e.g., car crashes, falls, burns, drowning).
- Intentional injuries (e.g., firearm injuries, sexual assault, domestic violence).
- Alcohol poisoning.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Unintended pregnancy.
- Children born with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.
- High blood pressure, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Liver disease.
- Neurological damage.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Poor control of diabetes.
Read the rest of the article here Drinking out of Control? Get back into control with Hypnosis, and learn how you can be freeeeeee of Binge Drinking